Devel::Cover recommendations... or maybe not?

Tom Hukins tom at eborcom.com
Thu Mar 15 16:58:30 GMT 2007

On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 03:17:49PM +0000, Tara Andrews wrote:
> Seriously, a list of hints somewhere of "how to programmatically
> manufacture useful sets of edge cases" would be very useful to people
> who want complete testing for their software, but don't have a wizzo
> tester to get us from A to B.

Nik Clayton gave an excellent talk to Milton Keynes Perl Mongers last
year about testing legacy code that included  using overloading to
change the behaviour of things like open().  You could use a similar
approach to simulate, if not manufacture, edge cases.

The slides are online:
http://miltonkeynes.pm.org/talks/2006/03/nik_clayton_testing_legacy_code.pdf

Effectively, I imagine this has the same effect as using Hook::LexWrap
as Adrian Howard suggested.  As always, TIMTOWTDI.

Tom