[OT]: Syslog issues?

Luis Motta Campos luismottacampos at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 21 13:44:33 GMT 2007

On Mar 21, 2007, at 2:14 PM, Dave Hodgkinson wrote:
> On 21 Mar 2007, at 12:39, Luis Motta Campos wrote:
>>   Dear M[ou]ngers
>>   I'm facing a funny problem at work.
>
> mod_log_spread looks pretty cool.
>
> BUT!
>
> *why* are you keeping logs? What meaning do they have for you?

   I will take a look at the module, thanks.

   I'm forced to keep apache logs because a big part of our main
applications just use it as application log (please don't ask, I
started working here two months ago...). I also have a lot of
operators looking at the (wanna-be) application logs for various
reasons, and a IDS system that would benefit from having logs in real-
time...

   Also, apache statistics are important and I need to habe this
information too.

   Thanks for your interest. :)
--
Luis Motta Campos (a.k.a. Monsieur Champs) is a software engineer,
Perl fanatic evangelist, and amateur {cook, photographer}