The day after the first Wednesday of every month - was Re: London.pm Meeting - April 5th

Simon Wistow simon at thegestalt.org
Wed Mar 28 12:32:58 BST 2007

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 12:01:35PM +0100, Peter Corlett said:
> That can be fairly safely simplified to:
>
> $meeting = $today if $today->day eq 'Thursday' and $today->dayOfMonth <= 8;

Which is worng if we're only doing 'official' meetings.

It would have to be

$meeting = $today if $today->day eq 'Thursday' and
($today->dayOfMonth <=8; && $today->dayOfMonth>1);

Personally I think we should switch back to "First Thursday of the
Month" and have Thursday the 8th as the Heretical meeting.

But that's just me.

Call me heretical ... no, wait, that's what got us into this in the
first place.

For those that are utterly confused and/or annoyed by this meaningless
banter

http://london.pm.org/about/faq.html#heretics