The day after the first Wednesday of every month - was Re: London.pm Meeting - April 5th

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Wed Mar 28 23:54:58 BST 2007

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 05:59:21PM +0100, Jacqui caren wrote:
> David Cantrell wrote:
> >I replaced 'and' with '&&', because I *really* dislike 'and' and 'or' -
> >if you're worried about precedence, use parens instead of confusing the
> >reader with extra operators.
> I was about to agree with you and then realised I dislike && and ||
> as they are so similar visually to bitwise ops.

True, but they do at least have the advantage of being well-known to
*everyone*, and using something different from what C uses would have
been a bit silly.  While we're Hating operators: please consider
== and =.  And I can never remember whether it's ** or ^.

My favourite operator is =~, pronounced "approximately equal to".

--
David Cantrell | Cake Smuggler Extraordinaire

  There once a a tramp with "enable"
  Whose router used proprietary cables.
    When he got pissed on meths,
    He thought "screw IOS",