No more python at Google

Luis Motta Campos luismottacampos at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 4 13:10:37 BST 2007

On Apr 4, 2007, at 1:09 PM, Ovid wrote:
> --- Andy Armstrong <andy at hexten.net> wrote:
>> American girlfriend. Got to JFK and customs asked "have you had an
>> drug-related convictions". He'd had a caution for smoking weed in the
>> park so he said "not really". Bad move. Even though he has no
>> convictions they can't actually verify that - so if there's a hint of
>> doubt they behave as if you're a master criminal. Ten hours later he
>> was back in the UK. No savings, no Christmas with gf.
>
> Sheesh.  OK, so Customs is paranoid, but "not really" is a very stupid
> answer (no offense to your friend).
>
> I have one friend who used to be a member of the Communist party here
> in the UK.  Then he lived behind the Iron Curtain for a while.
> When he
> moved back he immediately resigned his membership in the Communist
> party, but always answers "no" to the Customs question regarding
> whether or not he's ever been a member of the Communist party.
>
> Because, you know, freedom of belief really isn't tolerated in my home
> country (and being paranoid, I even obscured some details above.  What
> a loon).

   Zero Tolerance policy keeps USA out of my touristic destination
list. Even knowing that I should enjoy life trying and raiding the
most savage and unforggiving roller coasters of the world, I don't
want to pass through Uncle Sam's Customs.

--
Luis Motta Campos (a.k.a. Monsieur Champs) is a software engineer,
Perl fanatic evangelist, and amateur {cook, photographer}