No more python at Google

Tara Andrews tla at
Thu Apr 5 18:10:14 BST 2007

On 4 Apr 2007, at 14:51, the hatter wrote:

> 1. Certificate of Approval.
> This gives me permission to marry a British citizen. I have to have this
> in order to get a marriage permit.
> Old fee: 135 New fee: 295

What entertains me is that you can dispense with this step if you get
married in the C of E.  No, I am still not used to the idea of
established religion, but it did save me £135.

That said, I do think I ought to be able to deduct all these fees from
the tax I've paid.  After all, the fee structure is meant to take the
burden of its own support off the UK taxpayer...


More information about the mailing list