Random side project

Kake L Pugh kake at earth.li
Fri Apr 6 13:09:33 BST 2007

On Thu 05 Apr 2007, Peter Corlett <abuse at cabal.org.uk> wrote:
> The code is crap, but it does however combine Perl and beer and is
> thus appropriate for this list:
>
> http://pubmap.cabal.org.uk/

Ooh, someone else pointed me at that recently; can't remember who though.

I assume there's more data somewhere giving more details of each pub than
just the raw scores?  Is there a way to get to that from the map?

Could it be made to give the names of Tube stations in the more zoomed-out
views as well as the more zoomed-in ones?  There's location data here
(scroll to the bottom) if it won't let you do that without adding the data
yourself:
  http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/London_Underground_geographic_maps

The search doesn't seem to work: I entered "SE16" in the box, clicked "Go!",
and nothing happened apart from "Transferring data from maps.yahooapis.com..."
appearing in the status bar.  I waited for 2 minutes (I did actually time
it) and then got fed up waiting.  Same result when searching for "Bermondsey".

Kake