Developing interdependent modules

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 20:11:46 BST 2007

# from Simon Wistow
# on Monday 09 April 2007 07:06 am:

>That's what I want to do. But since I'll be developing both
>simultaneously I want ::Calendar to pick up my working copy of ::GData
>not the installed one.

Symlinks.
  http://scratchcomputing.com/developers/live-install.html

I just have one PERL5LIB entry to /usr/local/code/perl_lib/.  The
checkout directory's lib/s are all symlinked (per-file) into that one
tree.  The only time that hurts is when a distribution changes names,
but that's fairly trivial, especially if you do clean_hop_links first.

--Eric
--
"I've often gotten the feeling that the only people who have learned
from computer assisted instruction are the authors."