On Topic: 1. perl-begin.berlios.de + 2. Meta: Apology for Tactlessness

Marvin Humphrey marvin at rectangular.com
Tue Apr 10 14:23:18 BST 2007

Nigel Rantor wrote:
> I assumed he typoed 'Good'.

My thought was 'Dog'.  Common mixup.

An impressively verbose thread about Unicode and pack() went by on
p5p recently.  At the start, I was involved, so I tried to follow it
for longer than might have been healthy.  Several participants seemed
able to type faster than I can speak, and their communiques had at
least a convincing facade of coherence.  But they were oddly
difficult to grok given that I understand the issues pretty well.
Paul Marquess gave voice to my inner editor:

   I tried wading through all the opinions about what the best approach
   was to deal with the issue, but I lost the will to live after 20
   minutes reading them.

Marvin Humphrey
Rectangular Research
http://www.rectangular.com/