Noise cancelling headphones - Re: The Newly Inaugurated London.pm "Most In Need of Positivity" Award

Andrew Black andrew-li at black1.org.uk
Thu Apr 12 08:05:05 BST 2007

Nicholas Clark wrote:

> I found once that playing the Chichester Psalms quite loud dropped the hint
> with a neighbouring party. One big advantage it has is that because I know
> it quite well I can just ignore it and keep on hacking.

I find that a disadvantage - I end up singing and trying to get it
right.   Particularly the bit in "lamma ragashu goyim" where the tenors
and Basses are in a canon. I have sweat blood over that passage, both
the words and the rhythm.

And whatever you do - don't play organ music that you know the pedal
part when driving.  "Playing" a long note firmly with your right foot is
not a good idea :-)