apologies (was Re: On Topic: 1. perl-begin.berlios.de + 2. Meta: Apology for Tactlessness)

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Fri Apr 13 20:28:16 BST 2007

On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 04:11:07PM +0100, Matt Wilson wrote:
> On 4/13/07, Andrew Beattie <andrew at tug.com> wrote:
> >Shlomi Fish wrote:
> >> Like I said in my original email, I wanted to ask for apology from the
> >> entire list
> >Ok, I'll start.
> >
> >I appologise for farting in the vicinity of Waterloo station this morning.
>
> At the risk of this descending into a 1,001 fart related apologies - I
> apologise for farting while walking through Bond Street tube station
> this morning. Next!

You were both not at Dim Sum, nor did you provide an acceptable excuse.
For *that*, I expect an apology.

Farting, on the other hand, is a fact of life.

In penance, I expect you to attend the emergency social next Thursday night
[Or provide a written note from all your living forebears explaining why you
are unable to attend. No less is acceptable]

Nicholas Clark