New Story: "Star Trek: We, the Living Dead"

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Thu Apr 19 00:13:12 BST 2007

On 18 Apr 2007, at 18:55, Sue Spence wrote:
[...]
> Loony. They get some points for coolness for being the only area to
> maintain its own telephone service from day one, though.

Actually, lots of places set up their own telephone service. The only
difference is that Hull's telephone service was owned by the council
whereas everywhere else's service was privately-owned, so when a
government decided to nationalise the phone network and create the
GPO phone service, Hull got left out of the borging as it was already
state-owned.