Advogato

Peter Hickman peter.hickman at semantico.com
Tue Apr 24 13:41:58 BST 2007

Andy Armstrong wrote:
> Is anyone here still active on Advogato? I recognise a few names on
> the Perl project:
>
> http://www.advogato.org/proj/Perl/
>
> but most of them don't seem to have visited in years.
>
> I'm just looking for someone who can give me some certification so I
> can reply to posts - karma whoring I guess :)

Having just looked at the post about mentifex I wouldn't bother getting
certification. It is quite clear that some people are somewhat less than
discriminating in who they give certs to and don't seem to care
(salmoni's post seems to indicate this) that it is broken. Mentifex is a
troll and has always been and he is not open source / free software.
salmoni couldn't be bothered to find this out and just gives him a free
pass. Problem is mentifex has been misleading people who are interested
in AI and wasting their time and ultimately putting them off. Just
imagine having Steve Balmer explain how the GPL works to people new to
programming, now you have an idea of how mentifex promotes AI.

That being said with their low standards you should get in. Why would
you want to?

ps. mentifex still gets my back up after all these years :(

--
Peter Hickman.

Semantico, Lees House, 21-23 Dyke Road, Brighton BN1 3FE
t: 01273 722222
f: 01273 723232
e: peter.hickman at semantico.com
w: www.semantico.com