Downtown and Midtown Re: [OT] Hotel suggestions for downtown London ti at
Fri Apr 27 10:10:21 BST 2007

Well, this is all very hospitable[1]. We respond to an, on the face of it,
reasonable request for accomodation advice by complaining about the
requestor's dialect[2], or pedantic points about how one can be close to
an underground station but still in the middle of nowhere[3].

I wish I could say something more helpful, but my experience of London
hotels is close to nil. I suspect you may be able to get something
characterless, bland, clean and efficient, in a fairly central area, for
GBP80 per night or so.

[1] Sarcasm.

[2] At least "downtown" has a song to go with it.

[3] eg. Ongar[4], and a time machine.

[4] Former station beyond the edge of town at the very end of the Central
    Line. Eventually closed, if memory serves, in the early 1990s.