Downtown and Midtown Re: [OT] Hotel suggestions for downtown London

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Fri Apr 27 12:18:52 BST 2007

Peter Corlett writes:

> Ah, yes, like when I was specifically looking for somewhere in SW6,
> which is of course why they proceeded to try to offer me places in
> Balham, presumably because it sounds a little bit like Fulham.

  http://maps.google.co.uk/?q=Clapham

There are several places in the UK called Clapham, so it's quite
reasonable for Google to offer a list to choose from.  But I still get
the feeling that one of these items is not like the others:

  Did you mean:

  Newby, North Yorkshire
  Clapham, Bedford
  Clapham, Greater London
  Clapham, Bedfordshire
  Clapham, Lancaster
  Clapham, Worthing
  Clapham, North Yorkshire
  Clapham, Devon
  Clapham, West Sussex
  Clapham, Exeter

Do many people wanting a map of Newby, North Yorkshire inadvertently
type "Clapham" into a search engine?

Smylers