Downtown and Midtown Re: [OT] Hotel suggestions for downtown London

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Fri Apr 27 15:23:57 BST 2007

On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 01:21:26PM +0100, Peter Corlett wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 12:22:38PM +0100, Smylers wrote:
> > (By "library" I mean it in the traditional sense, not in the modern sense
> > which seems to involve them leaving sponsored beer mats in pubs
> > advertising their DVD collections and internet access.)
> My mission in life is to have more books than the local library. The way
> we're going, I should manage that within five years.

If we only count books in good condition, or if we only count the
particular genres and subjects I'm interested in, then I've already
beaten that.

> The main problem I've hit now is that I've run out of shelf space, even
> after resorting to double-stacking.

I run out of shelf space about once a year.  My real problem is that I'm
coming close to running out of conveniently usable walls to cover in
shelves.

What profiteth a man, if he win a flame war, yet lose his cool?