Downtown and Midtown Re: [OT] Hotel suggestions for downtown London

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Wed May 2 11:08:28 BST 2007

On 2 May 2007, at 09:46, Peter Haworth wrote:
>> Ah - live in Cumbria.
>
> I'm not aware of any hockey teams in your immediate vicinity. The
> closest I can think of is probably Stockton.

S'OK thanks - it's in the shed with all the other discarded toys at
the moment :)

>> Have you come across Joe Rowing or Joe Marshall? They're both
>> kerazee muni riders.
>
> Joe Rowing rebuilt my wheel with a very nice looking lacing pattern
> some years ago. Unfortunately, it was extremely hard to maintain that
> way, and actually has no spokes at all now (I'm riding a different
> wheel now, and haven't re-rebuilt the old one).

Oh yeah - Joe's potty about snowflake lacing. Pretty but weaker and
impossible to maintain :)

> Joe Marshall rode from
> Nottingham to Scarborough to get to last year's British Unicycle
> Convention, but he's in New Zealand at the moment (apparently writing
> his PhD by doing lots of muni), which is a bit too far, even for him.

Last time I saw him he was riding Dusk til Dawn (12 hours) solo at
Thetford. That was a couple of years ago though.

> However, Sam Wakeling managed to beat that record by riding most of
> the way from Aberystwyth to Billingham for this year's BUC, but got
> stopped by the police for riding without lights (he'd left them behind
> at his overnight stop to save weight).

Heh. I'd forgotten Sam. He's proper bonkers too.

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net