[POLL] Our Various Pubs

Simon Wistow simon at thegestalt.org
Thu May 3 08:46:25 BST 2007

On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 06:22:08PM +0100, Peter Corlett said:
> Can we not propose other pubs?

Well, sure.

However, usually we have a bit of a trip to the pub first to go see what
it's like. And, in actuality, the choosing of a pub is based roughly on
two things.

- How easy is it for the majority of people to get to and, more
  importantly, get home from.
- Does it do food
- Will they allow a group of anywhere between 20 to 40 people reserve an
  area without putting any money down

The problem with the Sloaney Pony (presumably you mean The White
Horse on Parsons Green) and The Sultan (the one in South Wimbeldon?) are
that they're just a *smidge* out of the way for people.

We do regularly have emergency meets in the Pillars but it can't really
sustain a full blown social.

The Wenlock Arms is *maybe* doable but really it's a bit too far out of
the way for people.

Simon