Management Training

Simon Wistow simon at thegestalt.org
Thu May 3 11:39:23 BST 2007

On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 10:55:20AM +0100, Smylers said:
> So they've said I can go on some kind of managery training course.  Has
> anybody got any recommendations of a course that's worthwhile?  Or
> anti-recommendations of a course that's a waste of time?

I went on a Krauthammer course

	http://www.krauthammer.com/

which was excellent. One of the most effective bits was how to take
meetings which, let's face it, is half a manager's job. One particularly
good exercise was simulating a phone meeting by having everyone turn
their chairs around. Surprisingly the skills for a phone meeting tend to
make a face to face meetings smoother as well.

I also like reading the management stuff at Rands in Repose

	http://www.randsinrepose.com/

I don't agree with everything he says but there's some good, distilled
common sense in there.

Simon