Perl Books (for ladies)

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Thu May 3 12:44:32 BST 2007

On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 04:18:25AM -0700, Ovid wrote:
[...]
> I suspect, however, that suggesting that London.pm have technical meetings
> might be a non-starter :)

I used to go to another group who had social and technical meetings, and the
technical meetings were dull as fuck. It seemed to smoke out the bores who
relished the idea of trapping fifty-odd people in a room for 90 minutes
while they drone on in a monotone about all the different options to ls or
their favourite hexadecimal digits or whatever.

At least at a social I can be antisocial and hide in the corner with a
laptop and a pint of bitter.