Perl Books (for ladies)

Richard Foley Richard.Foley at rfi.net
Thu May 3 15:05:13 BST 2007

On Thursday 03 May 2007 14:19, Simon Wistow wrote:

> There are several (at least 10 at the last count, not including places
> like the Beeb which always seem to be hiring) companies looking for Perl
> programmers at the moment.
>
> http://use.perl.org/~nicholas/journal/33110

Excellent news!

...steps on soap-box...

Now all we need is for them to consider employing people at remote locations.
Not all programmers want that of course, telecommuting doesn't suit
everybody, and not all companies have managers who can people manage (even
partially) remote teams either.  Consider though: decades ago, we put people
on the moon, now that was remote team management working par-excellence.
Today everyone has a mobile/handy and the internet is ubiquitous.  Companies
communicate and do business in micro-seconds the entire world over.  Open
source projects are developed using widely dislocated individuals across a
redundant internet.

...steps off soap-box...

> Would it interest people if we got 4 or 5 of them at a time in a tech
> meet to give talks about what they're doing with Perl?

Good idea :-)

--
Richard Foley
Ciao - shorter than aufwiedersehen

http://www.rfi.net/

ps. Please resend any bounced or unanswered emails.