Perl books (for ladies)

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Thu May 3 17:09:38 BST 2007

On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 04:53:54PM +0100, Nicholas Clark wrote:
[...]
> Does London have the same density of alcoholic venues as Portland?
> Otherwise I'm not certain what the advantage is. I'm assuming that
> Portland's public transport is roughly comparable with London's, on
> coverage.

There are over 3,000 pubs in London. London's about 600 square miles, so
there would be twenty per square mile. The density of pubs is obviously
higher in the centre than the outskirts.

Interestingly, the density of *good* pubs seems to be a constant across the
whole UK (at about two per square mile).