Perl books (for ladies)

Ovid publiustemp-londonpm at yahoo.com
Thu May 3 17:55:02 BST 2007

--- Nicholas Clark <nick at ccl4.org> wrote:

> Does London have the same density of alcoholic venues as Portland?
> Otherwise I'm not certain what the advantage is. I'm assuming that
> Portland's
> public transport is roughly comparable with London's, on coverage.

Not having done a survey of Portland boozeries, it's tough to say.
However, I can say that we* definitely favor quality.  Google for
"microbrewery capital of the world" and see the first link.  In many
restaurants, instead of a wine list, you get handed a comparably-sized
"beer list", many of which are brewed on site.  In fact, there is at
least one pub (I can't recall the name) which charges a premium for
Budweiser and friends on the grounds that it's a "bad beer tax".

Cheers,
Ovid

* Living in London, I guess I can't say "we" anymore :(

--

Buy the book -- http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perlhks/
Perl and CGI -- http://users.easystreet.com/ovid/cgi_course/