Adrian Howard adrianh at
Fri May 4 14:49:29 BST 2007

On 4 May 2007, at 14:28, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> Why aren't the people on this list who work for firms making any
> effort
> to mention that they have vacancies? After all, there is a
> jobs list for that very purpose...

I can't speak for the people involved, but several places I've worked
have had contractual agreements with agencies that mean I wouldn't
have been allowed to pimp a job publicly (I was allowed to recommend
people I knew, but not post to a public list, etc.)

Stupid I know - but has the "rule" at three organisations I've worked