[ANNOUNCE] May Social Meeting on 3rd of May - The Cittie of Yorke, Holborn

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Fri May 4 18:52:10 BST 2007

Peter Corlett writes:

> On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 07:57:26AM +0100, Smylers wrote:
>
> > And in this heavily-branded age, I quite admire the gumption of a
> > pub prepared to proclaim that if it's advertised on televsion then
> > they won't serve it.
>
> All it really means is that you end up with Sam Smith-branded generics
> which are sold at name-brand prices anyway.

Even if that were true, I still admire their gumption in ignoring the
draw of TV-advertised products.

But anyway I disagree: Sam Smith's orange juice has the Fairtrade
Foundation's logo on it, which you are very unlikely to get generically,
and apple and cranberry juice is hardly a flavour sold in enough places
to exist generically.

Smylers