Perl books (for ladies)

the hatter london.pm at bang.meep.org
Fri May 4 23:36:05 BST 2007

On Fri, 4 May 2007, Paul Mison wrote:

> North Londoners might know that the old Mecca bingo hall on Essex
> Road has just closed. Apparently a smoking ban makes it uneconomic.
> (I don't understand that one, but never mind).

It's pretty simple, the percentage of bingo players that smoke is so
hugely inflated over the percentage of population that do, smoking ban
means the smokers don't go.

> If anyone's got half a million quid and is able to outbid a bunch of
> evangelical Christians, candace reckons it'd make a great cult cinema
> (especially if you could get an alcohol licence).

It's not a bad idea, she's not just a pretty face.

> London doesn't have one otherwise. Does it?

I've no idea how strict the prince charles cinema is on letting people
smuggle things in....

the hatter