Crash space after tech meet? (Thu 3 May)

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Sat May 5 15:03:01 BST 2007

On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 03:44:15PM +0100, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 03:16:38PM +0100, David Cantrell wrote:
> > On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 01:39:05PM +0100, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> >
> > > Although, to be fair, Evil has reminded me that a couple of their bottled
> > > beers are quite drinkable.
> >
> > Please don't tell the whole list which ones, as I want the pub's entire
> > stock for myself.
>
> Well, I couldn't remember both. But I could remember 1. But then I decided
> it better not to name it, as I wanted to only have to fight your for them :-)

This, of course, went horribly wrong

1: I was foolish to even suggest that there might be bottled beers. I was
   hoping to lure people who might not otherwise have attended. While this
   may have worked, it also meant that many others decided to try them.*

2: (At least one type of) bottled beer was £3.50 a bottle.

Kittens blead. Er, the kitty bleads.
So we switched to the draft stout.

Which is fine. Useful to know, as it looks like we will be returning:

  http://london.pm.org/pubs/

[vote now in your glorious leader's pub poll, or forever hold your tongue**]

Next month is The Antelope [7th June]. Which has barrels and barrels of
nice Fullers beer, and some lovely armchairs.

Nicholas Clark

* It probably did. IIRC we had five new attendees. And more women than Daves,
  for the second meeting in a row. Although I'm not sure if this is something
  to be *that* happy about, as there was a time about 4 years ago when we
  about 1/6th of the attendees were female, for months in a row. Which still
  isn't great, but it's a lot better than most open source groups.
** Like that's going to happen :-)