Bonkers

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Sun May 6 19:30:40 BST 2007

On 06/05/07, Marvin Humphrey <marvin at rectangular.com> wrote:

> On May 5, 2007, at 5:09 PM, Paul Makepeace wrote:
>
> > I am surprised people are making the most noise about money, is that
> > the sole block to moving jobs? Is challenge, work place environment,
> > peer quality (this is the biggie for me at Google), and other
> > intangibles all nicely covered, and it's just the cash slowing people
> > down?
>
> Telecommuting and flex-time.
>
> I've managed to maintain that kind of a setup for 6 years now, and
> though I wouldn't rule out taking a job that didn't offer them, they
> are a major attraction.   When handled right, it's a glorious way to
> live and work.

+1

After teleworking between 2 and 5 days a week for the last few years,
I now work from home full time, in rural cornwall. In some roles I've
had more communication in a day with other people while at home than
I've had in a week at the office.

I'd jump at a reasonably paid role that mixes teleworking with the
good comunication that it takes to make it work. Well.. maybe not jump
- but I'd look pretty damned hard at it.

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk