Bonkers

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Fri May 11 11:27:46 BST 2007

On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 11:20:27AM +0100, Adrian Howard wrote:
> On 9 May 2007, at 14:11, Dean Wilson wrote:
> >What's your view on technical certifications? Do they add to an
> >applicant?
> Depends on the certification. For example I've found that folk who
> boast about their brainbench perl certificates are generally not very
> good at perl, so they act as a negative rather than a positive.

Red Hat and Cisco certs are apparently pretty good.  I've not come
across any others that I'd think worthwhile, and MCSE will count against
you if I'm sent your CV.

Mostly because every idiot and his dog claim to have an MCSE, but also
because I feel insulted by people who think I should care about
Microsoft.  Irrational?  Sure, but no more irrational than rejecting
people because they're football fans.

--
David Cantrell | A machine for turning tea into grumpiness

    Wow, my first sigquoting! I feel so special now!
        -- Dan Sugalski