Bonkers

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Fri May 11 13:32:55 BST 2007

On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 12:58:03PM +0100, Jon Nangle wrote:
> On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 12:37:57PM +0100, Peter Corlett wrote:
>> By value rather than by reference. It's fairly rare in C, but common
>> enough in C++.
> What's the syntax to pass an array by value in C? I can't see any way to
> do it.

I've just given it a spin and looked at the assembler output, and I can't
cause array pass-by-value either unless I wrap it in a struct. So it does
seem that arrays do indeed turn into pointers. My memory of this is clearly
faulty, presumably corroded by me normally wrapping them in classes and
passing them that way.