Bonkers

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Sat May 12 16:13:26 BST 2007

On 12/05/07, Andy Armstrong <andy at hexten.net> wrote:
> On 12 May 2007, at 15:45, Aaron Trevena wrote:
> > GTK+ provides faux objects.. fortunately I didn't have to worry about
> > the implementation and it JustWorked(TM) when I used it in C.
>
> I'm sure someone somewhere has observed that any sufficiently complex
> C program contains an ad-hoc OO implementation. Typically it starts
> with a couple of function pointers embedded in a struct and just grows.

My surprise was how much easier it was to use than QT.

Is it worth looking at Wx for C++? I keep on meaning to spend some
time learning C++ beyond the basics taught at uni and in text books,
although now I'm tempted to skip to C# as I don't see myself needing
it beyond expanding my programming knowledge outside of Perl.

Cheers,

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk