Bonkers

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Mon May 14 16:24:58 BST 2007

On Sun, May 13, 2007 at 04:32:16PM +0100, Aaron Trevena wrote:

> Because the C is documented, and even has a handy Book. Last time I
> looked most the  Perl GTK docs referred you to the C docs.

Ahh, just like the docs for POSIX.pm.  strftime, for example, has its
arguments listed, with the description "consult your system's strftime()
manpage for details about these and the other arguments.".

This is particularly irritating when you consider that perlfunc has very
complete docs for sprintf().  Yay consistency.

Yes, I know, I could submit a doc-patch.

> Doing it in C first made doing it with Perl much easier though.

Duh.  The second time is *always* easier.

    Seven o'clock in the morning is something that
    happens to those less fortunate than me