[OT] Postgres Function Cache

Raf rafiq at dreamthought.com
Wed May 16 13:39:05 BST 2007

On enlightened ones amoung you.

In the face of shabby google results, I hoped that someone hear might know
something about the postgres function cache.  We have a server which
reports an error of the form "cache lookup failed for function."  I'd like
to ideally resolve this without a restart (which I would hope would fix
this), and have been searching for some way to clear postgres' internal
function cache - I think it stores plans/hints/compiled-version relating
to stored proc's.

In any case, I can't seem to find any documentation which tells me how
this can be cleared and hoped that someone might know of some means to
achieve this.  Perhaps, I'm searching for the wrong term?

Any help would be of value?

Cheers,

Raf