Public Perl win

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Wed May 16 14:08:58 BST 2007

On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 06:24:17AM +0100, Nik Clayton wrote:

> You appear to be misreading it -- it's a system for reporting spam
> that's been received, and forwarding the reports on to the appropriate
> responsible parties (e.g., so that ISPs can easily locate and block
> botnet infested customers).

The anti-spam extremists will say that it's a way for ISPs to pass the
complaints on to their spammy customers so they can remove annoying
whiny users from their spam lists while still spamming everyone else.
Personally, I'll wait and see whether it works or not before I condemn
it.

I am a bit dubious, however, about how they tell the difference between
spam and legitimate commercial mail.  Cos there's an awful lot of spam I
get which comes from supposedly-legit companies.

--
David Cantrell | top google result for "internet beard fetish club"

More people are driven insane through religious hysteria than
by drinking alcohol.    -- W C Fields