Have MSFT eaten Parrot's lunch?

Simon Cozens simon at simon-cozens.org
Wed May 23 23:28:43 BST 2007

ben at bpfh.net wrote:
> Version 1.1 contains a dynamic languages runtime, which is a subset of
> the full CLR/CLI infrastructure, which can run in a browser or on any
> .NET system. Yes, it works on Mono, too.

Oh, good. I was talking to Brad Merill from MS about this in 2003. I'm
glad they finally got around to doing something about it.

Of course at the time we were talking about putting Perl onto the CLR,
because people were still using Perl then.

--
Putting a square peg into a round hole can be worthwhile if you don't
mind a few shavings. -- Larry Wall