Can't find SVN::Core?

Luis Motta Campos luismottacampos at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 24 08:07:10 BST 2007

On May 23, 2007, at 9:14 PM, Andrew Black wrote:
> Matt S Trout wrote:
>
>> I'm quite in favour of it not being on CPAN - PerlMagick -is- on
>> CPAN but
>> the version on CPAN is fundamentally useless and you have to build
>> the one
>> out your ImageMagick tarball anyway. At least with svn this fact
>> is clear.
>
> I would agree that it is best to have one version that is know to
> be useful (and works with your version of svn, ImageMagick or
> whatever).
>
> But people do expect to find modules on CPAN.  Is there any way the
> CPAN  could provide a pointer to say go to wherever to find the
> module. Not being a CPAN expert no idea how sensible or feasible
> this is.

   This is a good point.
   I believe that a module "stub" with documentation explaining about
the lack of source code should be enough, for those simple cases.
   The problem is guarantee that no one is able to "automagically
install" this module (maybe use a makefile that allways fails?).

   Regards.
--
Luis Motta Campos (a.k.a. Monsieur Champs) is a software engineer,
Perl fanatic evangelist, and amateur {cook, photographer}