ctags and the XS() macro

muppet scott at asofyet.org
Fri May 25 03:09:34 BST 2007

[Apologies in advance for the off-topic perl content.]

The XS API defines a macro, XS(), which expands to the proper prototype for an
xsub.  Look at any xsubpp-generated .c file and you'll see stuff like:

   XS(subname); /* prototype to pass -Wmissing-prototypes */
   XS(subname)
   {
   }

This is nice, because you as an extension author don't have to remember the
signature for xsubs, but it confuses the hell out of ctags, which doesn't
recognize this construct as a function signature.

ctags has a -I option which allows you to take care of "syntax-busting
macros", but i can't figure out how to make it work with this.  My google-fu
is weak on the subject, returning only links to perlfaq3's entry pointing to
exuberant ctags.

Anybody have any pointers?

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>