On search.cpan, but not found in cpan shell

Jonathan Stowe jns at gellyfish.com
Wed May 30 17:38:44 BST 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 17:09 +0100, Chisel Wright wrote:
> I've got a dependency in an application on Template::Plugin::HtmlToText
>
> I tried to install it through the cpan shell:
>
>  cpan[6]> i /Template::Plugin::HtmlToText/
>  No objects found of any type for argument /Template::Plugin::HtmlToText/
>
> so I went searching ... and found it on search.cpan:
>
>  http://search.cpan.org/~fayland/Template-Plugin-HtmlToText/
>
> It doesn't look deleted, or deprecated ... and I've seen it "not be
> there" on at least two different boxes now.
>
> Any ideas from the collective?

It appears to be in the 02package.details.txt as

 Template::Plugin::HtmlToText       0.01  F/FA/FAYLAND/Template-Plugin-HtmlToText-0.01.tar.gz

However that file doesn't exist (hence the CPAN shell says it can't find it) - there is a

  http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/F/FA/FAYLAND/Template-Plugin-HtmlToText-0.02.tar.gz

which is why you can find it on search.cpan .

The author probably needs to reindex the package.

/J\