removing a file with hyphens

Richard Foley Richard.Foley at rfi.net
Tue Jun 12 12:33:38 BST 2007

On Tuesday 12 June 2007 09:24, Stig Brautaset wrote:

> On 12 Jun 2007, at 00:31, asmith9983 at gmail.com wrote:
> > "rm -rfv /"
> >
> > One unfortunate side-effect  is that system no longer runs after
> > removing the files, so this command is not the recommended  method.
>
> I wish people wouldn't make these suggestions. They are extremely
> unhelpful and even less funny.

I did "rm -r ./" for the current directory once, as root.  Only I managed to
include an eroneous space between the '.' and the '/'.  I only did it the
once, and it wasn't funny at the time.  Now, though, with the benefit of many
years hindsight, it seems much funnier, somehow...

	;-)

--
Richard Foley
Ciao - shorter than aufwiedersehen