removing a file with hyphens

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Jun 12 14:09:42 BST 2007

On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 11:22:48AM +0200, Jonathan McKeown wrote:

> --- war story starts ---
> Give them what I got yesterday. As in, box that got
>         a) Linux kernel running.
>         b) init and bash running.
>         c) serial and floppy - built as modules. And not loaded.
>         d) no sash.
>         e) no ethernet.
>         f) bloody large number-crunching that Should Not Be Aborted(tm).
>         g) libc and ld-linux.so - unlinked (self-LART by owner).

Solution: leave the damned thing alone until the job finishes, then boot
from floppy to retrieve the results, then restore from backups.  Drink
beer while waiting for step one to complete.

Then re-write the number-crunching job so that in future it keeps track
of how far its got and can be interrupted and re-started.

--
David Cantrell | Godless Liberal Elitist

Hail Caesar!  Those about to vi ^[ you!