Vienna Talks

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Fri Jun 15 13:50:58 BST 2007

On 15 Jun 2007, at 13:27, Jonathan Stowe wrote:
>> I knew the Rich Kids thing - but I wouldn't readily self identify as
>> a Midge Ure expert :)
>
> Remembering that ruined my day I think :-)

I'm used to unwanted memory syndrome? I'll be out walking the dog and
song'll start in my head and I'll convince myself it's the best song
ever - and then I remember that it's Robbie Fucking Williams :)

>> He's versatile - I'll give him that. After he'd buggered Ultravox he
>> went and raped Scott Walker with his appalling cover of No Regrets.
>> Spectacular range of talents.
>
> A friend of mine played drums in his touring band in the early
> nineties
> and he seemed to suggest that it was only marginally more taxing than
> playing in a pub band seeing as the repertoire was largely modern
> standards in both :-)

I can imagine. I'm sure he could have been a relatively talented pub
singer.

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net