Vienna Talks

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Fri Jun 15 14:42:18 BST 2007

Andy Armstrong wrote:
> On 15 Jun 2007, at 13:45, Nic Gibson wrote:
>> I can live with that.
>> And pre-split they were entertainingly odd;
>> The Dignity of Labour and Circus of Death come to mind.
>
> Their cover of Rock and Roll from the Holiday '80 EP was pretty special
> too. And I think Empire State Human was the first song I ever heard Peel
> played. Hooked me instantly on both Peel and the League.

I would have been about 16 or 17 when "Empire State Human" was released.
Still makes me grin every time I hear it.

>> now listening to Fascist Groove Thang from tother side of the split.
>
> Yeah baby!
>
> British Electric Foundation anyone?

Absolutely. "Music of Quality and Distinction vol 1". Not sure what
happened to my copy.

They seem to have been playing live recently[1].

Dave...

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B.E.F._%28British_Electric_Foundation%29