Vienna Talks

Robert Shiels robert at se71.org
Fri Jun 15 18:38:01 BST 2007

Andy Armstrong wrote:

> On 15 Jun 2007, at 17:07, Peter Hickman wrote:
>
>> Having said that I just got a The Young Marble Giants, Joseph K and
>> the Au Pairs(?) and I still remember all the words to Butcher Boy  by
>> Doll by Doll.
>>
>> Ah, good times indeed.
>

> I notice that all the non-old bastards have dropped out of this
> thread :)

I have to say I'm struggling to keep up. I remember John Peel playing
the Au Pairs, but not the music. I didn't discover The Human League
until the split had happened, likewise with Ultravox, where I had to
plunge back to the Foxx days, and wasn't overly impressed with what I
found there. In the late 70s I was mostly listening to Abba, The Eagles,
Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and then on to The Cure, and New Order (again,
only finding them after Joy Division died). Hmm, I seem to have spent a
lot of time trying to catch up. It was only about 1981 when I discovered
John Peel, I was mostly chart influenced up until then.

/Robert