Vienna Talks

Robert Shiels robert at se71.org
Tue Jun 19 09:06:45 BST 2007

Christopher Jones wrote:

> On 15 Jun 2007, at 18:38, Robert Shiels wrote:
>

> Does that mean you're a Fall fan?

No, I didn't ever succumb to the lure of the Fall. I watched a
documentary not long ago about them, and still wonder why Peel liked
them (him) so much.

I had no access to see bands at this time, and very little money to buy
records, and my friends were more rock or chart orientated, so it was a
bit of a struggle and I only surviived by listening in bed between 10
and 12 and pressing record for stuff I recognised from previous nights
that I knew I liked. I still have a tape somewhere of the 1982 Festive 50.

/Robert