Learning Photography [Was: Web weirdness]

Luis Motta Campos luismottacampos at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 20 09:53:09 BST 2007

On Jun 20, 2007, at 2:09 AM, Matt Sergeant wrote:
> On 19-Jun-07, at 7:44 PM, John Costello wrote:
>> On Wed, 20 Jun 2007, David Cantrell wrote:
>>> Lots of URLs on my web site contain the ASCII string "&image",
>>> such as
>>> here:
>>>   http://shorterlink.org/2580
>> Pretty!
>> Mmm.  D70.
>
> Well, terrible terrible blooming, which happens with the D70
> because of the electronic shutter when you shoot at > 1/250 into
> the sun.
>
> Open the aperture to f8 (thus 1/200) and you'll be fine :-)

   Wow! Impressive talking! Did you undertake a photography course in
order to learn all this?
   Is there a nice spot on the web where I can read and teach myself
how to make decent use of a camera?

   Thanks in advance for any nice pointers on the subject!
--
Luis Motta Campos (a.k.a. Monsieur Champs) is a software engineer,
Perl fanatic evangelist, and amateur {cook, photographer}