Learning Photography [Was: Web weirdness]

John Costello cos at indeterminate.net
Wed Jun 20 17:33:02 BST 2007

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007, Luis Motta Campos wrote:
>    Wow! Impressive talking! Did you undertake a photography course in
> order to learn all this?
>    Is there a nice spot on the web where I can read and teach myself
> how to make decent use of a camera?
>
>    Thanks in advance for any nice pointers on the subject!

<http://photo.net/> is a good resource.  They have reviews, a section
devoted to learning about photography, and discussion forums.  Mind the
nudes (tasteful thumbnail on the upper right of the home page currently)
if you are at work.

I'm a fan of Philip Greenspun, <http://philip.greenspun.com/photography/>,
who wrote the photography tutorial for photo.net
<http://www.photo.net/photo/tutorial/>.  He writes clearly and explains
his thinking.