Hosting a blogs service

Pedro Figueiredo me at pedrofigueiredo.org
Fri Jun 29 13:56:29 BST 2007

On 29/06/07, Pete Sergeant <pete at clueball.com> wrote:
> Say I needed to create a system offering blogs to the 'general public'
> (accounts would need to be approved), but was expecting a maximum of
> maybe 100 users - anyone know of something that would make this easy to
> do?

while lj is clearly the best solution imo, it might be overkill for
this number of users. but it would scale :)

what other requirements do you have (e.g., xmlrpc or atom api for
fancy clients)? for the simple things in life, there's bryar (or
bloxsom, if you're a tory).

mt4 might also fit the bill, but i haven't looked at the source (i'm
using it for 1 blog/1 author and it works great :) mt3 simply doesn't
scale, although your 100-user limit is well within its capabilities.
it will start to hurt when the number of entries across the blogs
grow, because its search is shit, due to the database abstraction
layer, which is also shit.

cheers,

pedro
--
http://pedrofigueiredo.org/
bgp is for those who can't keep it static long enough