Newbie

Simon Wistow simon at thegestalt.org
Thu Jul 5 15:58:26 BST 2007

On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 03:15:26PM +0100, Clooney, David said:

> I have tried printing all parameters in the subroutine that is called
> when the submit(-name=>'Submit_selection') is defined however the only
> parameter I get back is the actual "Submit_selection", presumably
> because these are local to the subroutine ?

What you need is something like

  my $cgi = CGI->new;
  my @selections = $cgi->param('host_tech_file_selection');

I've written an example to show you how it works here

  http://thegestalt.org/simon/checkboxes/

the script is included on the page.

It uses a template rather than using CGI.pm's inbuilt html generation
functions just because it makes the code cleaner so you can see the
techniques used.

Hope that helps,

Simon