The HSMP Rant (and a little question)

Adrian Howard adrianh at quietstars.com
Mon Jul 9 18:49:36 BST 2007

On 6 Jul 2007, at 20:24, Ovid wrote:

> [...]

Most Masters programs take signs of being vaguely clever (and money)
as enough to get on the course. Part time you're looking at 18-24
months minimum. Possibly longer depending on how much time you can
dedicate (e.g. Bournemouth's Advanced Computing MSc runs from
2-5years part time depending). Most places will expect you to be on-
site for part of that time.

Also remember to take a look at the "project" bit of the MSc. It can
suck up a lot of time if you're not careful. I know this caused some
problems for part timers on the HCCS MSc @ Sussex when I was helping
out there.

Adrian