Exception Handling

Pete Sergeant pete at clueball.com
Wed Jul 11 12:35:48 BST 2007

On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 11:51:17AM +0100, Dave Cross wrote:
> We're currently contemplating changing the exception handling for the
> project I'm maintaining and Mark's talk would be a good introduction
> to the issues we need to consider. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to
> be on the tech talk page on the web site[2].
>
> So, does anyone have either a) a link to that talk or b) an
> interesting opinion on which exception handlers I should be
> investigating?

I quite like using: methods always return a true value on success, and
if they fail, you make a log, and return false yourself. Requires a very
lightweight instantiator that always passes tho, and you do have to
occasionally do nasty things like return empty arrayrefs.

It is simple, however.

It's entirely possible, though, I guess, that the project you're
maintaining is the last large-scale piece of work I wrote that did
things that way ;-)

-P